ALL patrons eligible for a vaccine who are attending Ottawa Fall Festivals must be fully vaccinated (one shot J&J accepted), there are no exemptions (religious or medical reasons) without proof, and will be required to prove status at the gates either through a digital or printed copy. EVERYONE must wear a mask on-site at all times. Removal of a mask is allowed as per provincial guidelines when you are eating, drinking, or for other medical needs.
An individual is defined as fully immunized ≥14 days after receiving their second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or their first dose of a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine series that is listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization or approved by Health Canada.
If you have questions about the COVID-19 vaccines or need resources to find a vaccination location near you, please check out: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/covid-19-vaccine.aspx
Ottawa Fall Festivals 2021 Entry Procedures
- Comply with the Festival Fan Health Pledge.
- Each day, bring a printed or digital copy of your Vaccine Record.
- Bring your Festival Ticket & a Mask.
- Please also remember our updated bag policy – Bags are allowed and will be checked – and liquids are allowed to be brought into our Festivals in sealed containers.
Festival Fan Health Pledge
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you or anyone in your party:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19);
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
All Ontarians can print or download their vaccination receipt from the Provincial booking portal. Those who need support obtaining a copy of their vaccination receipt including those who do not have access to a computer or printer can call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900.
For Ontario patrons, we require your PDF certificate from the Province in either digital or printed hard copy. For Quebec patrons, a hard copy of your vaccination certificate or we can scan your QR code.
Exemptions are a note signed by a doctor, or for religious reasons, we require a Statement of Conscience or Religious Belief Affidavit signed by a Commissioner of Oath.
We will have increased hand sanitizer stations on-site, and our cleaning crews will do frequent cleanings in high touch areas.
These policies are subject to change, in accordance with provincial and local guidelines and changing circumstances. We will be updating procedures as necessary as we get closer to September 16th. For the most up-to-date information check the RBC Bluesfest and CityFolk websites and follow our social media accounts.