Ottawa Bluesfest is a non-profit, charitable organization. Our mission is to present a world-class music festival featuring international, Canadian, and local artists in downtown Ottawa each July. We are youth-friendly, community and visitor-focused, culturally-diverse and committed to sustainability and eco-friendly initiatives.
None of it could be done without the commitment of our wonderful volunteers. The award-winning Volunteer Program at Ottawa Bluesfest boasts 3000+ volunteers who support the festival in 39 different areas. We are extremely proud of the hard work and enthusiastic efforts each and every one of our volunteers brings to the program.
Are you interested in volunteering with us in 2020?
Public Registration for most areas available online at volunteers.ottawabluesfest.ca on May 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Here’s what we expect from you:
• You must be at least 15 years old by the time the festival starts on July 9, 2020
• You can meet ALL of your shift commitments (for most areas, that means completing at least 5 shifts )
• You comply with the Volunteer Code of Conduct
• You keep a positive approach to Customer Service
• You thrive in fast-paced and dynamic environments
• You treat volunteers, patrons, staff, and performers with respect, professionalism and courtesy
Here’s what you can expect to receive from us:
• Free access to all onsite festival shows when you are not volunteering
• A unique 2020 volunteer t-shirt as your uniform
• A free meal from the Outdoor Blues Café, located in Volunteer Village, for each shift worked during the festival
• An invite to the Volunteer Appreciation Party
• A letter of confirmation for any hours worked for a high school or community requirement (available upon request)
If it all looks good then your next step is to figure out what area you would like to volunteer for. Head on over to the Job Descriptions page to read more about each one! We also have an early application process for our specialized teams such as Stage Crew, Photojournalism, and Box Office. Head on over to the Specialized Recruitment page to read more about each one.