RBC Bluesfest in partnership with Youth Ottawa are proud to present an amazing opportunity for Ottawa-area youth to showcase their visual artistic talents at the festival this summer.
RBC Bluesfest aims to support youth artists beyond musicians and are proud to present visual art from youth applicants under 25 years old. Artists are encouraged to focus on interactivity, durability, environmental sustainability and accessibility.
Applications for 2018 have now closed. Successful applicants have been notified.
If you missed out on applying this year - please keep an eye on our website early in 2019 for applications to re-open again.
What the selected artists will get:
1) $500 to $1,000 in material expenses to create the art installation;
2) space on festival grounds for their art installation (wall space up to 40 linear feet OR an area up to 20 feet by 20 feet (400 square foot max.);
3) a youth pass for Bluesfest 2018;
4) an Artist Profile featured on RBC Bluesfest Social Media;
5) mentorship from a local artist prior to Bluesfest (creative process mentor).