RBC Bluesfest is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all festival patrons, performers, staff and volunteers.
COVID: We will be following provincial health guidelines that are in place at the time of the festival.
We have added walk-through metal detectors at the front gates and there will be no re-entry into the festival grounds once you scan your pass in. You can help keep the lines moving quickly by leaving bags at home.
All guests and their belongings are subject to search upon entry. We have introduced a maximum bag size of 12" x 12" x 6". Oversize diaper bags and bags specifically required for medical equipment will be allowed. Multiple bags per person are allowed.
Should you mistakenly bring an item that is not allowed in the festival grounds with you, you will have the opportunity to check these items at the bag check located outside the front gates. Please note that due to the no re-entry on festival passes, you will not be able to retrieve your items until you are departing the festival.
If you encounter any issues during the entry process or have any questions, please ask for assistance at the main gates. A security supervisor will be able to assist you.
Below is a list of items you can and cannot bring to the festival. Please review the list to help create a stress-free environment.
IMPORTANT - In order to expedite wait times at gates, we encourage everyone to bring only what is essential, and ideally only what will fit on your person. Bag checks significantly increase wait times at gates.
Items marked "YES" are permitted inside the festival venue:
- YES Cell phones
- YES Food, small meals (please bring your food in small plastic bags or containers - no glass containers of any kind will be permitted)
- YES Sealed or empty reusable water bottles (we have filling stations!)
- YES Small backpacks, bags, and purses. Small = no larger than 12" x 12" x 6". Diaper bags and bags specifically required for medical purposes will be allowed - ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED!
- YES Blankets and beach towels, sunscreen, hoodies or rain ponchos
- YES Personal cameras without removable lenses. See Camera Policy
- YES Medication in its original packaging. Prescription medication must match the name of the person bringing it into the festival
- YES Narcan spray (no needles). First aid and security personnel are equipped with naloxone and trained in administering it safely. Report any usage of naloxone immediately to first aid so the patient can receive further medical assessment.
- YES Baby strollers (for kids)
- YES Small collapsible lawn chairs, small handheld umbrellas
- YES Registered service animals who are supporting a person with a disability and trained to do so.
Don’t bring these - items on the list below WILL be confiscated:
- NO Weapons, gang colours, or contraband
- NO Bags over 12" x 12" x 6" in size
- NO Bicycles inside festival grounds. Valet bike parking is available by the bike path along the Ottawa River
- NO Professional photography equipment, video equipment, or audio recording devices (without a media/photo pass) including but not limited to: GoPros, any detachable zoom lenses, monopods, selfie sticks, stands, tripods - See Camera Policy for details
- NO Laser pointers, lighting devices, glow sticks, etc.
- NO Drones or any other remote flying devices
- NO Musical instruments, horns or noisemakers
- NO Walkie-talkies or radio equipment
- NO Skateboards, roller blades, scooters, carts or personalized motorized vehicles (except accessibility devices such as wheelchairs)
- NO Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
- NO Alcohol. Beer, wine, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages will be sold inside the festival gates
- NO Pets. Registered service animals trained to assist a person with a disability are permitted
- NO Hard-sided coolers or glass containers
- NO Unauthorized vending of products or services
- NO Guerilla marketing
- NO Flyers, handbills, posters, stickers
- NO Fireworks or explosives
- NO Beach balls, soccer balls, baseballs, footballs, etc.
- NO Squirt guns or water toys
- NO Paint or permanent markers
- NO Tents
- NO Megaphones
- NO Non-collapsible chairs
- NO Banners or flags (no poles)